In a press conference addressed by Prime Minister Dr Robert Abela, Deputy Prime Minister Dr Chris Fearne and Superintendent for Public Health Profs Charmaine Gauci, today Wednesday 7th April, it was announced that:
- During the week between 12th – 16th April, schools will re-open gradually.
On Monday 12th April, childcare centre, kindergarten and primary schools will re-open; on Wednesday 14th April middle schools will re-open; and on Friday 16th April secondary schools (Form 3 to 5) will re-open. Post-secondary schools will keep on following online classes.
- As from 12th April, elective surgeries will once again restart at Mater Dei Hospital and visits at elderly care homes will be allowed.
- As from the 26th April, shops offering non-essential services that were ordered mandatory closure on the 11th March, will re-open.
Bars will remain closed for the time being.
- As from the 26th April, the rule of 2 people from gathering in public will be eased and the limited increased to 4 people.
- Weddings are for the time being forbidden, but will resume as from 1st June 2021.
The government is planning of re-opening the tourism sector as from 1st June 2021.
The vouchers will be issued once all shops and services are opened, to stimulate local spending. More information will be given in the coming weeks.
Today’s Press Conference Link: https://fb.watch/4JcaFz4X3q/
Please find attached Press Release issued by DOI