MEA’s SME Helpdesk once again participated during
The SME WEEK programme of events.
This is the 6th consecutive year that the SME-Helpdesk within the Malta Employers’ Association organised a half day-seminar, during the SMEWEEK programme of Events.
An event which this year was organised in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy Investment, and Small Businesses and the Malta Communications Authority.
This year’s seminar during the 10th edition of the European SMEWEEK celebrations title:
“Assisting SMEs Facing Today’s Challenges”
Challenges which consists mainly:
- Digitilization progress
- Employing people
- Prevention at the place of work
- And to be compliant with ongoing evolvement of legislations.
During the event, Hon. Minister Chris Cardona, Hon. Parliamentary Secretary Silvio Schembri, Hon Rosianne Cutajar and Hon Kristy Debono, addressed those present.
Following a short address by the MEA President, Ms Dolores Sammut Bonnici, and Ms Denise Borda - an MCA official, a 2 hour session took place, where 8 successful entrepreneurs ( SMEs ) were interviewed and shared both their positive and negative experiences, from which other questions came up, and were addressed to top Government officials to give their feedback.
Interesting questions were about:
- how to employ persons with disability,
- what is being done by business first to assist SMEs,
- how MCAST is contributing to entrepreneurship,
- what assistance is being offered to encourage SMEs go for internationalisation,
- what’s being offered to employers to prevent their employees from falling into substance abuse, and other addictions,
- what’s the exact role of the family business office,
- whether government can protect or assist local manufacture,
- how MCA is preparing SMEs to face the challenge of digitilization,
- and much more.
Meaindex, the online toolbox for business entrepreneurs, was also presented to the public, and everyone was encouraged to subscribe for free, and be kept updated, on what’s happening within our local business ecosystem.