MEA established its own SME Helpdesk on the 6th of December 2013, and is currently being administrated by Mr. Anton Vella.
The SME Helpdesk, within the MEA administrative office, is offering an additional service with those which were already being offered so far, but now specialising and mainly targeted to SME’s and Micros.
Amongst the first initiatives, the SME Helpdesk introduced a 24/7 telephone helpline (tel: 21 222 006), which is a direct telephone line, open to all SME’s, to communicate with MEA, whenever they feel the need to do so.
The Helpdesk, besides giving advice, and important info regarding how an SME will become fully compliant with all local work legislation, employment regulations, and other regulatory bodies, is offering also handholding services, when entrepreneurs, decides to apply to benefit from any existing grant / assistance schemes.
The Helpdesk, believes in regular contact, and communication with employers of small businesses. We are building our own exclusive SME data, a list of Micro and Small Businesses email addresses with whom every month, on regular basis, we will have the opportunity to communicate, via an update electronic publication.
The SME Helpdesk, already was engaged in organising National Conferences, seminars, info sessions, and much more, and intends to keep on organising such events, whenever the need props-up, to keep SME’s aware of all eventual changes in policies and regulations, and guide them accordingly.
In a nut shell the MEA’s SME Helpdesk, is another tool in the hands of small business entrepreneurs, which can be used to empower their skills to achieve success in their business.
List of services being offered:
- Assistance in applying for a new business licence, change of use, and other issues related with notification, registration or licensing procedures.
- Assistance in applying to participate in various current beneficiary schemes fit for SMEs
- Assistance in communicating with Govt. Departments, Authorities, and other regulatory bodies.
- Simplification and guidance on incentives being offered by Malta Enterprise / Business First
- Assistance in employment related issues with ETC and MCAST
- Facilitate access to general business information
- Guidance on fiscal related issues
- Lending an ear to Micro and SMEs on current problems, by advising and guiding accordingly
- Assistance in disseminating information of interest, to the SMEs sector
- ……and much more.
For further details, one can get in touch with the MEA SME Helpdesk on:
Tel: 21222992, 21237585,